19 Feb University of Oxford MSc International Health and Tropical Medicine Students’ Global Health Policy Briefings 2020
On the 11th of February 2020, Lord Trees, Vice-Chair of the APPMG, hosted the University of Oxford MSc International Health and Tropical Medicine students’ for their annual visit to Parliament to present policy briefings on global health topics. The APPG on Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases supports the course directors in identifying topics that are relevant to the NTD and malaria communities and Parliamentarians and also reaches out to other Global Health focused APPGs for their policy briefing suggestions. We are glad to support these inspirational students who are sure to be future leaders in Global Health!
Topics this year included:
- Can DFID’s support for nutrition increase the effectiveness of Gavi?
- Hepatitis C amongst the Rohingya population in Bangladesh
- Policy coherence between NTDs and UHC to facilitate achievement of UHC goals
- Multi-sector collaborations as a priority requisite for health programme funding
- The role of World Health Assembly resolutions in guiding and supporting national health ministries to progress commitments on NTDs
Policy briefings for each topic can be downloaded below.